About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Monday, October 10, 2016

NOW SHIPPING...

There's probably a handful of you out in the world thinking to yourself, "Self, remember back when Shawn Thorsson used to blog all the time.  That was neat.  I wonder what happened to that guy."

Well, I'll tell you.

I wrote a book, gaddamnit!!

It looks like this:


So if you've been missing my postings, you can get all caught up on snark and how-to's when you order yourself a copy here: LINK

Supplies are running out, so don't delay!

Now I can bet back to catching up on bloggage.  So if you've been wanting to see me finish writing about the Death Watch, Captain Phasma, and even the Ironman costume project that I never finished writing about, stay tuned...

11 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that your book is shipping! I've been eagerly awaiting it since March. I can't wait to use it at my local Hackerspace and hopefully draw in some new prop and costume makers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your book! Amazon let me know my preorder is on its way and I can't wait to dig into it. Any plans to put signed copies up on etsy?

    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea. I'll have to get more copies now.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see the book, but even better to have you back to posting! Can't wait to see what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, give us some signed copies in your store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. got mine yesterday. Awesome dude! I was worried about the lack of posts recently, but all is forgiven when I see how much work you have been putting in on this book. It's very pretty and it's even more complete than I hoped. Thanks man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shawn! I've just buy your book. I'm writing from Argentina and I can´t wait to hold it in my hands

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I have been following you for a long time. I even bought some stuff from you....... that sits in my garage un-finished.... lol. My bad. Darth Real life. Senator two kids. Anywho I am glad you have this out, I need to buy it along with Make Something's book. I recently made a very cool FO Stormtrooper for my son that I think you would like. I have a YouTube series on it. Sithinstructor on YouTube. I am stuck on the helm... can't do it your way, cause I don't need 30 of them.... let me know if you have a solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on how big your son is, Rubies makes a pretty decent FO Stormtrooper helmet. That might solve you the trouble: http://amzn.to/2eXFXxJ

      The other option is do build one out of Pepakura. That's in chapter two of my book. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I also have an unfinished pep Halo helm in my garage... hmm I'mnoticing a trend. I might go that route.... Or I may try foam with pep... I had him try my Helm on from Anovos, he looked like a bobble head.

      Delete