About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Monday, February 17, 2014

February UFO Sightings in the Workshop

I'm falling behind on posting, so just to whet your appetite, here's a few pictures of UnFinished Objects in the works.

First off, I've been tinkering with a prototype of the police officer's mask that saw the briefest bit of screen time in the 2009 Star Trek reboot:
Primed Prototype

I've also been making progress on a plasma pistol from Warhammer 40,000:
First Cast Stuck Together

It'll go well with the female Commissar costume, I'm making, also inspired by Warhammer 40,000:
Untitled

I've just started work on the Mk39 "Gemini" helmet from Ironman 3:
Mk39 Assembled Front Right

In preparation for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim which I'll be attending early next year, I've been building the helmet worn by the Sith Stalker at the end of Star Wars: the Force Unleashed:
Sith Selfie

Since I had a bit of resin that was about to expire, I decided to splurge and print out the AEP7 Laser Pistol from Fallout 3 based on files from Thingiverse user "danonator":
Assembled AEP7 Laser Pistol Prototype

All of these are pretty cool projects, but I'm really excited about the bigger better one I've just started:
Parts Lined Up
For those of you who didn't grow up in the 80's glued to video from rented VHS tapes, I'll point out that this is the beginning of the leg of ED-209, the big, bad, henchman robot from the original Robocop trilogy.  This will be a fun build. 

Soon...

Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. ED-209!?
    Please tell me you have found a way to make it move. Even if it doesn't, that is flipping fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! I've got a really old toy ED-209 on my desk. I can't wait to see what you do! Also I think there would be decent interest if you sold some AEP7 pistols, lots of fallout fans want one. I think rotocast would be the best so people could add electronics to the gun to make it "fire"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I didn't even need to see the caption for that last pic! As soon as I saw that "ankle/calf" I was like "Whoa! ED-209!" I remember building a vinyl model of ED and Robo 20-some years ago. I can's wait to see more progress on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawn. Dude. I so want to buy an ed when youre done

    ReplyDelete