About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

In the Game of Garden Warfare, Escalation is Everyone's Enemy

The garden gnomes started by giving each other dirty looks.  Then there were angry words, thrown stones, and the occasional late-night assault.  Then, before you know it, they're firing explosive ordnance at each other. When the time for carnage inevitably comes, there's no better choice than the Ruchnoy Protivotankovyy Granatomyot, hand-held anti-tank grenade launcher. Known more famously as the RPG-7.


In the hands of an untrained guerilla, the RPG-7 can have deadly effect. Wielded by the seemingly-harmless garden gnome, it becomes downright devastating:
RPG7 Gnome Painted Side


The low-cost ruggedness, reliabile simplicity, and thorough effectiveness of the RPG-7 has made it the most widely used rocket-propelled grenade launcher in the world. Dozens of nations use the weapon, and it is manufactured in numerous variants. Especially popular with irregular and guerrilla forces, it's been used for over fifty years in almost all conflicts across all continents from Vietnam to Afghanistan.


Now it's coming to your backyard:
RPG7 Gnome Painted in Leaves

I've got a few unpainted castings for sale in my Etsy shop: http://etsy.com/shop/thorssoli.

Get yourself one before your garden pests start building their own armored vehicles:
RPG7 Gnome Painted with Tank

I'm still working on the combat garden gnome officer with a pistol, so stay tuned...

.

1 comment:

  1. You need to make one with a Bazooka, no fair if only the enemy gets them.
    Need to start saving up so I can have a build up of forces on each side of my DMZ (vegetable patch).

    ReplyDelete