About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

HALO M6G Pistol Build, Part One

How do you like them apples?


This was the end result of 7 hours and 26 minutes of run time on the new machine (which still needs a name). I cut it out of MDF and the finished surface was surprisingly smooth. Now all I need to do is stick the pieces together, sand, paint, stamp some lettering into it, and make a mold. Here's a shot of me holding it with the pieces just stacked together:


The digital model was one I found in the Google 3D warehouse. I don't remember who made it though. Here's a closer shot of the pieces all stacked together:


While I realize that seven and a half hours seems like a long time, I have no idea how long it would've taken to make one of these by hand. On top of that, while this thing was doing the bulk of the work making my pistol, I was able to put my attention elsewhere. Among other things, I put primer and a base coat on a lot of my pieces:


Before anyone asks, the primer was a two-part automotive primer shot with an HVLP gun and the green that I use for a basecoat is Rustoleum Army Green.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. curious do you do commission work, say if I designed my own helmet would you build it for $ ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am able to do commission work, yes. My price depends upon complexity of the design as well as desired materials, finish, etc. If you'd like to discuss it further, please feel free to email me at sthorsson99@yahoo.com and include sketches or whatever source images you've got in mind.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete