About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Few More Pics from Kabul

I've been doing a lot of running around outside the compound. I won't go into all the random reasons I've been travelling (some of which have been, frankly, pointess) but I will say that I travel much more discreetly than this:
Photobucket

I like travelling incognito because it prevents me from random asplosions, unlike the victim vehicle the ANP (Afghan National Police) are pushing out of the road here:
Photobucket

This sort of thing happens all the time here. In fact just the other day there was a car bomb (Suicide Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device in military vernacular) that detonated at a US base just around the corner. If you want to read more about it, click here.

Speaking of changing the subject, here's a random shot of the Kabul River. In case you can't tell, it's the sort of wet trench in the foreground:
Photobucket

And here's a Kabul Kebab shop:
Photobucket

Sometime lately I picked up a new patch to stick on the side of my helmet. If you don't recognize this character, you're missing out.
Photobucket

Here's a random shot of the shopping bazaar that gets set up outside our compound once a week so we can buy rugs and stones and "authentic Soviet items" supposedly left behind when the Mujahedin drove them out of Afghanistan in the 80s.

Photobucket

And a quick shot of Major Cheff, one of my Canadian co-workers:

Photobucket

More to follow.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome patch! We have a shop in Kuwait that will make just about anything, unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't ever wear a full kit, so I have little use for awesome patches. I've noticed that the "Punisher" logo is quite popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, not sure what that is about the Punisher logo.

    I'm working up designs for a "Kabul Yacht Club" patch. Probably get some T-shirts and a burgee made up too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should get a 21st lancers badge

    ReplyDelete