About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Catching-Up on Bloggage

I've had a bunch of things I've been meaning to post lately, but I haven't gotten around to it for some reason. I think it has something to do with all the stupid here. When I started this particular little adventure I was convinced that Army stupid was the stupidest stupid I'd ever seen. I didn't allow for the kind of stupid that ensues when you get more than one kind of army together in one place. Then you have allied stupidity. This may well be the greatest density of densities in the universe. A stupid black hole.

Anyway, before I start ranting about how none of us are anywhere near as stupid as all of us, I'll just get to catching up on the latest goings on.

First, I have to mention that I stumbled across an interesting article about Afghan Air Quality here in Kabul. By "interesting" I mostly mean mortifying. Among other key facts, it points out that the director of Afghan government's version of an Environmental Protection Agency lives outside of the capitol. The reason? "He would rather risk attacks by militants during his commute to Kabul than let his kids breathe the air here." Click here to read more.

Awesome.

In other news, I also stumbled across this article about Swiss Soldiers Deploying to Defend Ships Against Somali Pirates. With the US Navy deploying people to a landlocked, mountainous country to join the fight against militant terrorists and insurgents, it only makes sense for the Swiss Army to send people to the open sea to join the fight against pirates.

Enough for now. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment